Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday best

Argh! Sea dogs!

Peter doesn't really have many "dress-up" clothes. I'm sure this would be different if he were a little girl, but we aren't complaining. He really has very few reasons or opportunities to dress up, and the few times we have tried, he has rewarded our efforts with prolific "splounching," Davis-Ross family nomenclature for baby spit-up.

But it seems appropriate that Peter actually makes an effort when going to church, especially if he's going to be an active participant.

So, we pulled out this completely adorable and just-starting-to-fit outfit from Kevin's cousin Marcie and her family. Along with this outfit came a gorgeous and personalized blanket for Peter. And with the blanket? This note, which I opened before opening the package:

My first thought: Oh, no! They sent the wrong package to us!
My second thought: Oh, sweet. I can totally use some new wineglasses. Or maybe camping gear. Or travel gear. Who knows, but Barry and Jana sound like our kind of people.
My third thought (after opening the package): Yeah, I definitely wanted the wineglasses.

Just kidding! The blanket is really quite special, and will get a serious workout when our evening walks start turning chilly.

But, back to the outfit: adorable, right? Even though I buttoned Peter's top button, an action to which Kevin "strenuously objected," and caused him great regret when he realized we snapped all of these shots of Peter looking, as he put it, "like a dork."

I say, "like father, like son."

Note: Yes, I buttoned his top button.

Check out that nice drool-pool on the front of Peter's outfit.

No comments: