Thursday, August 2, 2007

cleared for takeoff

wait...we're going up in the sky? for real?

Peter's off to take his first plane ride ever, to visit my family in Indiana while Kevin attends a conference at the University of Illinois.

Per Dr. Soriano's recommendation, we brought Peter in for a pre-flight check-up. Mostly, we wanted to make sure he didn't have an ear infection, but really, it takes very little encouragement for me to take him to the doctor. Did I mention I'm a bit of a hypochondriac?

Peter is, as we could have predicted, in perfect health. When Dr. Soriano sees Peter, she invariably begins with, "what a big boy!" and then follows up with, "but I don't think he's obese or anything." We also usually get a couple of "you're so strong"s thrown in as well, with a few "your eyes are so blue"s thrown in for good measure. Yep, he's our big, strong blue-eyed baby boy.

Is it good or bad luck that Peter's heading into his 13th week weighing 13 pounds and 13 ounces? Let's hope it's good, at least for the sake of our fellow passengers tonight.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I can't believe how much older he looks! I haven't checked your blog since July 24 and I swear he looks bigger!!
Enjoy Indiana!