Monday, March 12, 2007

BDR is NOT in breech position...yet

BDR, 32 weeks...almost done!

We had an appointment this morning with Dr. Shin, our OB-GYN. Everything has been going so well that I kind of feel like we're a boring case for the doctors. Well, a good boring. I really have had very few side effects with pregnancy (other than the increasing discomfort with toting around BDR and her habitat), very few Braxton-Hicks contractions, and no complications.*

And, we're cleared for camping this weekend. Although...we didn't really ask about backpacking. Dr. Shin just reminded me to drink lots of water and to put on sunscreen.

The good news is that (at least for right now) BDR is NOT in breech position, as I have dreamt about for the past two weeks or so. This is a relief, as we covered C-sections in our last birth class, and neither Kevin nor I were able to stomach the pulling-apart-your-abdominal-muscles part. Ug.

BDR still likes the right side, though, and particularly likes to wedge her little feet under my ribs. She's also starting to bulge out in weird ways. Kevin's new term of endearment? Lumpy.

*Actually, you may recall that BDR has a bum kidney. We'll have it looked at in a couple of weeks to see just how bum it is.

1 comment:

Christy Wilkens said...

Cute belly. Glad you're still feeling so great! I've been amazed at all the sightseeing you two have been doing. I didn't know about the kidney, but will be praying that everything turns out well.