Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hey...why isn't someone holding me?

I think Peter's really becoming much more aware of his environment. This awareness has made him a bit...well, "demanding" is the fairest way to put it.

Unless he's very happy or slightly sleepy, Peter prefers to be held over someone's shoulder, looking out to the world. He will allow me to sit on the futon and do this, but he makes Kevin walk around looking at stuff in the apartment. Specifically, Peter likes to look at:


the seal, the basketball,



and his "starin' wall."

He really only sleeps if someone is holding him, which I know isn't unusual, but it's amazing how much he needs it. I can pick him up from the bassinet where he'd been fussing and within two seconds of hitting my chest, he's snoring. We can put him down in his pack-and-play, and he'll wake up within two minutes; picking him UP from the pack-and-play puts him right back to sleep.

He hates the Bjorn in the morning, but otherwise loves it.

He's not so hot about bottle feeding, either.

He needs his pacifier. As Kevin said it, "he has a very strong need to suck."



No comments: